LFMO has several strategic priorities with respect to Environment, including:
- Reclaiming Métis women’s traditional knowledge and role as keepers of the water and lands;
- Integrating environmental stewardship concepts in LFMO’s work;
- Raising awareness of the social and health impacts of resource extraction activities on Métis women, families and communities;
- Identifying unique concerns, priorities and circumstances of Métis women, such as impacts on traditional harvesting activities in relation to climate change impacts and mitigation measures; and,
- Supporting knowledge transfer between knowledge holders and youth.